Do I need an New Zealand eTA for Transit?

Yes, you require an New Zealand Electronic Travel Authorisation (NZeTA) for transiting New Zealand.

Transit passengers must remain in the transit area of Auckland International Airport. If you wish to leave the airport, you must apply for a Visitor Visa before travelling to New Zealand.

The following countries are eligible transit visa waiver countries: