Do I need a NZeTA if arriving by a cruise ship?

If you intend to travel on a cruise ship to New Zealand, you will need an New Zealand eTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority). You can be on any nationality if arriving by cruise ship, and still apply for an NZ eTA.
This includes nationals of visa waiver countries, cruise ship passengers, cruise ship crew.